BlueEssentials℠ Individual Plans
Are you ready?
If you’ve been following the changes under health care reform, you probably know that health insurance plans are changing. It doesn’t matter if this your first or fifth time shopping for a health insurance plan, we’re here to help you find the right plan for you.
The BlueEssentialsSM Plans are divided into two categories: the metallic plans (Gold, Silver, Bronze) and the catastrophic plan. Anyone can buy a metallic plan, but only certain people qualify for Blue Essentials SM Catastrophic 1.
What is the difference between the BlueEssentials Gold, Silver and Bronze Plans?
Each plan covers the same set of minimum essential health benefits. While the range of benefits is the same among the plans, the value of the benefits will vary. For example, copayments, coinsurance or deductibles vary between each plan.To view the benefits and features of each BlueEssentials Plan, download the brochure.
What is the BlueEssentials Catastropic 1 Plan?
Young adults and people, who cannot afford coverage, can purchase a catastrophic plan. Catastrophic plans are offered to people who:
- Are under the age of 30 before the benefit year begins.
- Received certification from the Marketplace stating they are exempt from the individual mandate because they do not have an affordable coverage option or they qualify for a hardship exemption.
How can I purchase a BlueEssentials Plan?
If you are not eligible for a subsidy, we can help you find a plan that's right for you. You can shop for coverage with an effective date in 2014 from these options:
- Online at the BlueCross Marketplace.
- Call 877-313-2583 and a sales enrollment counselor can assist you.
- Find and contact an agent in your area.
If you think you may be eligible for a subsidy and want to complete a financial assistance application and shop for a plan, you can: