Short-Term Health Plan
There are times when you need a health plan to fill in the gap:
- If you’re waiting for coverage at a new job
- If you’re between jobs
- If you’re no longer covered by your parent’s plan
- If you’re temporarily without health insurance for any reason
- If you need temporary coverage for a child under 19
No matter what the reason — Preferred Personal Care is just what you need.
Here’s how it works. You choose the plan length and your deductible. When you visit one of the providers in our extensive network, we pay 80 percent of eligible charges once you meet your deductible and any copayments. Once you’ve met the out-of-pocket maximum, we pay 100 percent of eligible charges.
Preferred Personal Care Short-Term Health Insurance is provided by Companion Life Insurance Company and administered by Thomas H. Cooper & Company, Inc (TCC). Companion Life and TCC are separate companies that do not offer BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina products. Preferred Personal Care Short-Term Health Insurance is offered by Companion Life and TCC and not BlueCross. BlueCross has no responsibility for the services offered under this short-term health policy.
- Visit us in person at a store near you.
- Call us at 800-550-6322 and one of our highly trained counselors can assist you.