A Medicare supplement plan helps fill the gaps in Medicare coverage. Choose the company you can trust. BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina has been offering peace of mind to Palmetto State seniors for more than 70 years.
Exciting Changes for 2017!
Here are some of the changes you can expect to see:
- Lower-priced plans. Rates will not increase for our plans in 2017. In fact, premium rates for Plan L, Plan L Select and Plan N, have decreased!
- Two new plans. New High Deductible F and G plan options provide even more ways to customize your coverage.
- Bank draft and household discounts. If you sign up for automatic monthly bank draft, you can save six percent on your premium. You can save an additional five percent per policy if you reside with another eligible BlueCross Medicare supplement member and purchased your plan after June 10, 2010.
Ways to Save
Being a BlueCross member gives you access to the doctors and hospitals of your choice, and we offer select discounts on health-related products, services and other extras that make it easier and more affordable to live a healthy lifestyle, including:
- A prescription discount plan
- Hearing and vision discounts
- Fitness and wellness savings
- And more ways to save as a BlueCross member!
Medicare Supplement Plans
BlueCare® Standard Plans
Review our outlines of coverage to learn about what is covered under our standard BlueCare plans. Remember, you enjoy the benefits of being a BlueCross member no matter which plan you choose.
- BlueCare Outline of Coverage for Plans A, B, G and F
- BlueCare Outline of Coverage for Plans A, C, D and F
- BlueCare Outline of Coverage for Plans A, High Deductible F, L and N
- Comparison of 2017 BlueCare Plans
Blue Select® Plans
Medicare Supplement Plans with Built-in Savings
Would you like to save up to an extra 20 percent on your Medicare supplement policy? Blue Select® is a Medicare supplement with built-in savings. Review our outlines of coverage to learn more about what is covered under our Blue Select plans:
- Blue Select Outline of Coverage Plans A, B, G and F
- Blue Select Outline of Coverage Plans A, C, D and F
- Blue Select Outline of Coverage Plans A, High Deductible F, L and N
- Comparison of 2017 Blue Select Plans
You'll enjoy the same benefits as standard Medicare supplement policies. The big difference is in how you use the Medicare Part A benefit — the part concerning hospital coverage.
We've teamed up with local hospitals to offer you this exciting coverage. In exchange for a lower monthly premium, you agree to use one of our hospital partners when you need inpatient health care services. As long as you use a participating hospital, the Medicare Part A deductible is covered. And you can still visit the same doctor.
Information about 2016 Plans
This information applies to plans in effect until Dec. 31, 2016.
- BlueCare Outline of Coverage Plans A, C, L and N
- BlueCare Outline of Coverage Plans A, B, D and F
- BlueCare plan comparison
- Blue Select Outline of Coverage Plans A, C, L and N
- Blue Select Outline of Coverage Plans A, B, D and F
- Blue Select plan comparison
More Ways to Save Money with Blue
Regardless of which plan you choose, you can take advantage of our value-added discount programs.
- BlueScript® saves our seniors 8 to 80 percent on the top 100 most-prescribed drugs. Use your BlueCross Medigap ID card to help with prescriptions for drugs that are excluded from Part D coverage.
- Save up to 60 percent on eyewear! Get preferred rates for LASIK vision correction, too.
- Enjoy up to a 50 percent discount on hearing aids. Immediate family members may also benefit from the program.
- Our members get discounts on alternative health services through Natural BlueSM. You can save on chiropractic treatment, massages, acupuncturists and more.
We also offer preferred rates for weight loss programs, fitness programs, hair restoration and allergy relief. Learn more about our discounts and added values.
When you become a BlueCross member, you'll have access to My Health Toolkit® to check claims status, Explanations of Benefits (EOBs) and much more!
Choose our convenient Monthly Bank Draft option and save an additional 6 percent on your premium.Get a Quote and Enroll Now!
Looking for a Prescription Drug Plan (PDP)?
Get more information and enroll here.