Medicare Supplement plans offer protection against the bills Medicare doesn't pay. Since it's hard to predict what those costs might be, BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina offers a variety of plans to help fill the gap.
BlueCross offers 17 BlueCare® and Blue Select® Medicare Supplement plans, including high-deductible F and plan G options.
With a BlueCare plan, you can get treatment at any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare — anywhere, anytime — without worrying about networks, referrals or boundaries. Depending on your plan, you may have no out-of-pocket costs at all for medical expenses.
Blue Select Plans
Blue Select plans offer the same benefits as BlueCare plans, with rates up to 20 percent lower. In exchange for a lower monthly premium, you agree to use hospitals in the Blue Select network for inpatient (non-emergency) care. You can go to any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare for outpatient or emergency care, even when you travel.
- View the Blue Select Hospital Directory
- Read more about Blue Select
- Compare our 2018 Blue Select plans and 2019 Blue Select plans
Save Money with Blue
As a BlueCross member, you'll enjoy value-added extras, at no cost to you! These include:
- NEW Silver&Fit® Exercise and Healthy Aging Program. Enjoy tools and resources from interactive programs to no-cost fitness center memberships or home fitness programs that you need to be fit and live well! View our frequently asked questions.
- Prescription drugs.
- Hearing and vision products and services, including hearing aids and LASIK, as well as hair restoration and other wellness services.
You can save on your monthly premium payments with these discounts:
- New-to-Medicare: Enroll when you are first eligible for Medicare or when you retire.
- Non-Tobacco Discount
- Automatic Monthly Draft Discount
- Household Discount: Save even more if you reside with another eligible BlueCross Medicare Supplement plan member that was purchased after June 10, 2010.
Learn more about our discounts and added values.
Navigating your Medicare coverage options can be overwhelming. We can help you. BlueCross has offered peace of mind to South Carolinians for more than 70 years.
Looking for a Prescription Drug Plan (PDP)? Get more information and enroll here.