You now have a faster, easier way to see licensed health care professionals. The service is called Blue CareOnDemand. Skip the waiting room and connect with doctors through video visits. Your co-pay, deductible and co-insurance will be processed the same as it is for a normal office visit for State Health Plan (Standard and Savings Plans) primary member.
Blue CareOnDemand is a great solution when:
- • You need to see a doctor, but can’t fit it into your schedule.
- • Your doctor’s office is closed.
- • You feel too sick to drive.
- • You have children at home and don’t want to bring them with you.
- • You’re a college student away from home.
- • You’re traveling.
Doctors can treat many common health issues through video visits, including, but not limited to:
- • Cold and flu symptoms.
- • Allergies.
- • Bronchitis and other respiratory infections.
- • Urinary tract infections.
- • Rashes and other skin irritations.
- • Sinus problems.
- • Migraines.
- • Pinkeye.
Blue CareOnDemand doctors can even write prescriptions, when needed, according to state regulations. You'll pay no more than $59 for the services listed above.
Other available services
Additional services provided to you through Blue CareOnDemand are behavioral health and breastfeeding support.
Behavioral health visits
Use Blue CareOnDemand to connect to a licensed behavioral health specialist and get the support you deserve. Appointments are available seven days a week from 7 a.m.-9 p.m. Through a virtual visit, you can:
• See a certified health care professional within 24 hours.
• Video chat with a licensed counselor, therapist, psychologist or psychiatrist from your home or wherever you feel most comfortable about topics like:
- Stress management.
- Family counseling.
- Bereavement and grief counseling.
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) and trauma.
- Adolescent therapy.
- And more.
Support doesn’t have to stop after your first consultation. You can schedule follow-up appointments at the time and frequency that are right for you. Prices for these services are based on the licensed professional you select.
Being a new mom isn’t always easy, and sometimes, it really can take a village. With Blue CareOnDemand, you can visit with a lactation consultant to get help for many of the common issues associated with breastfeeding. One of the added perks is you can do all of this from the comfort and privacy of your own home. See a board-certified lactation consultant anytime, anywhere. And it doesn’t have to stop after the first visit. You can schedule follow-up appointments at a time and frequency that’s right for you. Appointments are available seven days a week. This service is available at no cost to you as a State Health Plan primary member.
Two easy ways to register:
- Visit www.BlueCareOnDemandSC.com; or
- Download the Blue CareOnDemand mobile app for your Apple or Android device.
Register today and you’re set to use the service whenever you need to. Members age 18 and older must create their own Blue CareOnDemand account; however, dependents younger than 18 must use the primary subscriber’s account. If you have any questions, please call the number on the back of your State Health Plan membership ID card.