Now Available! Blue Rewards for BlueEssentials Members
Health has its rewards for Individual and Family Affordable Care Act (ACA) BlueEssentialsSM members of BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina. These members now have access to Blue RewardsSM — a new, exclusive rewards program!
Earning reward dollars is easy! Members can earn up to $150* in 2019 for completing wellness activities — a family of four could earn up to $600:
- Get a flu shot? Get 60 dollars.
- An annual wellness exam? Get 60 dollars more.
- Sign up for Blue CareOnDemandSM and get another 30 dollars.
Reward dollars can only be used towards copays, coinsurance and out-of-pocket expenses for covered medical services. Pharmacy is excluded.
Accessing reward dollars is simple!
- This week, BlueEssentials subscribers will receive a registration communication (email or mail) providing them with instructions on how to activate their Blue Rewards wellness account. View an example of a registration email.
- The subscriber will be asked to enter their email address and member ID number and create a password.
- Once registration has been completed and a qualifying wellness activity has been completed, a Blue Rewards Visa® card is mailed to the subscriber.
- Reward dollars are added to the Blue Rewards Visa card as each member’s qualifying activities are completed. Because Visa is an independent company, Visa will be responsible for all financial services related to these cards.
Blue Rewards materials
If you have any questions, please contact your marketing representative.
*All wellness criteria will be verified prior to distribution of reward. All members are eligible for each reward, one-time per benefit year. Unused rewards do not carry over and must be used within the same benefit year earned. Excludes pharmacy. Funds must be used by Dec. 31, 2019.