Introduction AccrueHealth: Our New Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRAs) Administration Platform
Health care funding accounts are a smart option many consumers choose to handle their health care expenses. We’re about to make that even easier for our members who have health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs) with the introduction of AccrueHealth.
We believe the advantages of the AccrueHealth platform are significant:
- With a strong focus on the consumer experience, this innovative platform streamlines HRA accounts with one website, one debit card, one customer service number and one app. Members can expect easier claim approvals and fewer denials.
- With AccrueHealth, we administer the program internally. This means real-time handling of claims issues and integration with My Health Toolkit®.
When will BlueCross groups transition to AccrueHealth?
Groups go live Jan. 1, 2020. The blackout period to allow HRA balances to transfer is from Dec. 23-31. During this time, members cannot use their debit card or submit reimbursements.
When will we communicate to members?
- Letters to group leaders go out Nov. 4.
- Letters to members go out Dec. 2 and Dec. 16.
- New debit cards, when applicable, are sent 20 days before go-live dates.
How does the new platform affect HRA groups using the current Pay to Provider functionality?
While we will not continue to support the current Pay to Provider option, we offer a variety of ways for members to use their account funds other than the debit card. Please see more details below. Debit cards are the perfect way for groups to access services.
We will notify groups that currently use the Pay to Provider feature and communicate ways their members can be reimbursed.
What if the group does not have a BlueCross debit card?
When a group does not have a debit card, or members just prefer not to use it, they can pay for qualified eligible expenses out of pocket and ask to be reimbursed:
- Automatically once a claim is processed.
- By submitting a claim through the mobile app or portal, along with an uploaded receipt.
- By sending in a claims form via mail or fax with proper documentation.
Members can also sign up for direct deposit to provide quick reimbursements to their accounts.
If you have questions, please contact your Marketing Representative.