Get Your Flu Shot!
o lSeptember 15, 2020
With cooler temperatures on the horizon and the start of fall comes another season, annual flu season. Now more than ever, it is important for our members to get the flu vaccine to protect themselves as best as possible from getting the flu.
We are communicating with members this month and next to ensure they know where to go and what is covered under their plans.
BlueEssentialsSM and Business BlueEssentialsSM members
- $0 flu shot available at an in-network pharmacy.
- $0 for flu shot at an in-network doctor's office, but members are subject to an office visit copay.
- Members can also earn $60 in rewards through Blue RewardsSM by getting their flu shot!
Medicare Supplement members
With Medicare coverage, the flu shot is covered each year! Members just have show their Medicare and Medicare Supplement card when they visit their doctor.
Short-term health plan members
- Blue TermSM Basic plan members are responsible for the cost of a flu shot.
- Blue TermSM plan members are responsible for the cost of a flu shot if received from a pharmacy. Flu shots received in a doctor’s office will still be covered under either an office visit copay, or subject to the deductible and coinsurance, depending on the plan.
Finding an in-network pharmacy
Members can download the My Health Toolkit® app to find an in-network pharmacy
To learn more about about the flu shot, please visit our blog.
Please contact your marketing representative for more information.