Blue Rewards 2021
January 18, 2021
Being a member of BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina has many perks. One is our Blue Rewards program, available for Affordable Care Act (ACA) individual and family plan members. If renewing members have previously registered for Blue Rewards and have unused funds at the end of 2020, they can carry over up to $60 per member for use in 2021. Plus, members can earn an additional $150 per member (a family of four could earn up to $600) for completing wellness activities.
2021 wellness activities
- Get a flu shot – Receive $60
- Complete an annual wellness exam – Receive $60
- Complete a Telehealth visit – Receive $30
Reward dollars can only be used towards copays, coinsurance and out-of-pocket expenses for covered medical services. Excludes pharmacy.
Accessing reward dollars is simple!
- Members will receive a registration communication (email or mail) providing them with instructions on how to activate their Blue Rewards wellness account.
- The subscriber will be asked to enter their email address, member ID number and create a password.
- Once registration has been completed and a qualifying wellness activity has been completed, a Blue Rewards Visa® card is mailed to the subscriber.
- Reward dollars are added to the Blue Rewards Visa® card as each member’s qualifying activities are completed.
Need blue rewards marketing materials?
You will find Blue Rewards marketing materials located on Storefront.
Please contact your marketing representative for more information.
*All wellness criteria will be verified prior to distribution of reward. All members are eligible for each reward, one-time per benefit year. Unused rewards do not carry over and must be used within the same benefit year earned. Excludes pharmacy. Funds must be used by Dec. 31, 2021.