Heads Up: State Continuation of Coverage Outreach to Small Group Leaders
May 14, 2021
Part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARP) expands availability of subsidies for employees and their dependents that are on or eligible for State Continuation of Coverage.
Groups are required to notify employees that are on or qualify for State Continuation of Coverage about the availability of additional premium assistance.
What you need to know
We will start issuing communications to group leaders on May 17 outlining:
- Who qualifies for subsidies under ARP
- What they need to send to eligible employees
- What group leaders need to send to BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina:
- The Employer Attestation Form states they’ve contacted eligible employees.
- The Employee Qualification Form documents employees that are eligible for premium subsidies. We need a completed form for each employee.
Group leaders must submit completed attestation forms by July 16, 2021. They can submit them via email to Group.Membership@bcbssc.com.
Click here to download a copy of the notice, including the attestation forms.
Visit our American Rescue Plan Act page to learn more about the ARP, including frequently asked questions.
Contact your marketing representative if you have questions on this communication.