Premium Payment Deadline Extended for New ACA Members
February 1, 2022
New members with individual and family Affordable Care Act (ACA) plans effective Feb. 1, 2022, now have until 5 p.m. on Feb. 15 to pay their first month’s premiums. Although the payment deadline is extended, members must pay before they can use their benefits.
Checking your clients' effectuations
You can log in using the BASES tool to verify which of your clients have (or haven’t) paid their first month’s premiums.
Logging into the BASES tool for the first time? Find login instructions here.
Convenient ways to pay
We offer several convenient ways for members to make payments anytime, anywhere including:
My Health Toolkit®
- Members can pay their premiums by logging into My Health Toolkit. If new members have not yet set up a My Health Toolkit account, they can easily register using the Create an Account link on www.SouthCarolinaBlues.com. Members can register for accounts using their member ID numbers. If a member has not yet received an ID card, he or she can still register for an account using his or her Social Security number and date of birth.
- Members can also download the free My Health Toolkit mobile app and make payments using their smartphones or tablets.
Pay by phone
Members can call our automated payment system 24/7 at 855-404-6752 and select option 1.
- Members can pay in person at our corporate office located at 4101 Percival Road, Columbia, SC 29229. There is visitor parking near the entrance and a payment kiosk conveniently located in the lobby.
- Members can also visit any SC BLUE Retail Center to make a payment. No appointment is necessary.
- We have asked members to wear a mask or face covering when paying in person if they are not fully vaccinated.
Please contact your marketing representative if you have questions or for more information.