Log in to MBM to generate a proposal, enroll, modify or add member information, and more.Take Me There
Medicare Supplement plans, sometimes called Medigap plans, help pay costs that Original Medicare doesn’t cover. Your clients can purchase these plans in addition to their Original Medicare coverage. They can enroll in these plans at any time, though it’s preferable to do so during their initial Medicare enrollment.
Your clients can also save up to 41 percent on their monthly premium payments with these discounts:
- Age-in discount: When your clients turn 65 or retire and are new to Medicare
- Non-tobacco use discount
- Monthly bank draft discount: Savings of time and money when your clients sign up to have their premium drafted from their bank account
- Household discount: Your clients can save on premiums if they live at the same address as another BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina or BlueChoice® HealthPlan member*
Plans we offer
BlueCare® – No networks, referrals or boundaries
With a BlueCare plan, your clients can go to any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare — anywhere, anytime. There’s no need to worry about networks, referrals or boundaries. Depending on the plan, they may not pay out-of-pocket costs at all for medical expenses. BlueCare plans are available in all South Carolina counties.
Blue Select® – Cost-effective in-network coverage
Blue Select plans offer the same benefits as BlueCare plans, but at a lower monthly rate. In exchange, your clients agree to use hospitals in the Blue Select network for scheduled inpatient (non-emergency) care. When they use a Blue Select network hospital, the Part A deductible is waived. Blue Select members can go to any doctor or hospital that accepts Medicare for outpatient or emergency care, even when they travel.
There are more than 40 South Carolina-based hospitals in the network!
- View the Blue Select Network Hospital Directory.
Medicare Supplement Plus
Your clients will have access to discounted rates, no-cost perks and $0 copays on many health-related goods and services.
Up to $8,000 in benefits for only $20 per month!
$0 telemedicine visits
- Virtual visits with a board-certified physician for common health issues, from the comfort of their own homes
- $0 copay
- $0 copay for annual eye exam
- $150 allowance for frames or contacts every 24 months
- Free lenses included with any frame selection — even progressive, no-line bifocals and trifocals
- No waiting periods
- Access to VSP Choice network
Hearing aid discounts
- $0 hearing exam
- $399 copay per aid, as compared to $2,500 without this benefit
- One year of follow-up visits for readjustments
- 80 batteries per aid
- $0 copay for up to 36 one-way medical trips, so your clients can easily get to a doctor’s appointment, get a flu shot or go wherever they receive care.
- $0 copay for up to 12 one-way “personal” trips to places like the grocery store, hair salon, airport and more! Trips can be up to 75 miles one way.
*Transportation services are available in South Carolina only.
Health care essentials
$100 credit to use toward thousands of over-the-counter products, such as:
- Vitamins and supplements
- Skin and hair care — such as lotion, aloe and sunscreen
- Allergy, cold and pain relievers
- Oral care — such as toothpaste, floss and denture care
- Incontinence care — briefs and liners
- First aid items — bandages
- Home and bathroom safety items
Contact your marketing representative for more information.
*To be eligible for the discount, the Medicare Supplement member must have purchased their plans June 2010 and after.
BlueChoice HealthPlan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association
VSP is an independent company that administers benefits on behalf of BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.