Blue DentalSM: Comprehensive, affordable dental plans for any budget
Adding Blue Dental to your employees’ benefits reflects a commitment to whole-health care, because oral health affects overall health. Proper dental care, including regular cleanings, can limit inflammation, improve control of diabetes and may lower the risk of heart disease.
With Blue Dental, you get:
- Flexible plan designs – Choose one of our Preferred Provider Organization (PPO) plans: Open Access, Select or Tiered.
- An array of options – Blue Dental plans are available on a dual option basis, providing a broad selection of benefits and affordability.
- Easy administration – Single-source placement consolidates billing, eligibility and enrollment through a single account team.
- Comprehensive dental networks – Members choose from more than 4,400 access points in South Carolina and 312,000 nationally. Referrals aren’t required before a member sees a specialist.
- Plans for all contribution levels – Our plans are available on either a true group or voluntary basis.
- Integrated data capabilities – When you add Blue Dental to your BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina group health plan, we can connect data from medical and dental claims.
To encourage regular dental visits and help members maintain their oral health, we now offer two important advantages when they choose in-network providers:
- There is no deductible for any dental services.
- Costs for preventive services don’t accumulate toward the member’s annual maximum. So preventive services, such as cleanings and exams, are always available during the year regardless of whether members have met their annual maximum.
Your BlueCross marketing representative can provide more information on the advantages of Blue Dental.