Many of our health plans require prior authorization for certain musculoskeletal (MSK) care procedures, including:
- Interventional pain management
- Spine services
The requirement applies when services are performed in an outpatient or office site of care.
We work with National Imaging Associates (NIA) Magellan Healthcare to handle this prior authorization. NIA is an independent company that manages MSK prior authorization on behalf of BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina.
To submit your request online, go to www.RadMD.com. This link leads to a third party site. That company is solely responsible for the contents and privacy policies on its site.
- Group Prefixes Requiring NIA Prior Authorization
- Interventional Pain Management Checklist
- Interventional Pain Management Frequently Asked Questions
- Pain Management Injection Quick Start Guide
- Pain Management Surgery Quick Start Guide
- Program Provider Training
- Provider Announcement Letter
- Quick Reference Guide for Order Physicians/Surgeons
- Spine Surgery Checklist
- Spine Surgeries Frequently Asked Questions
- Spine Surgery Utilization Review Matrix
- IPM Utilization Review Matrix