We want to make your interactions with BlueCross as easy and efficient as possible. Here are a few resources we've developed to help you get the information you need quickly:
- 2023 Member Identification Card Guide - This guide provides you with an overview of our various plans and associated networks.
- Ancillary Claims Filing Reminders - This guide gives providers an overview of our filing guidelines for ancillary services. You can also view our ancillary frequently asked questions.
- Anesthesia Guidelines - This guide provides an overview of anesthesia procedures, modifiers and filing guidelines.
- ClaimsXtenTM: Correct Coding Initiative Reference Guide - Learn about our upgrade to ClaimsXten, a robust claim-auditing software designed to ensure health insurance claims are coded properly. Get details about the claim coding rules and benefits of this upgrade.
- Cultural Competency - Learn about the importance of cultural competency in health care settings.
- Inpatient Non-Reimbursable Charge/Unbundling Policy - BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina and BlueChoice HealthPlan implemented a policy October 1, 2018 to address charges considered to be non-reimbursable, unbundled or are otherwise not allowed to be billed separately. This policy is applicable only to inpatient charges and is not intended to impact care decisions.
- Medical Forms Resource Center User Guide - Get instructions on how to use the Medical Forms Resource Center (MFRC). The MFRC is an online tool which allows you to submit precertification requests quickly.
- My Provider Enrollment Portal Guide - Get instructions on how to maneuver through our new provider enrollment tool.
- Patient-Centered Medical Home Practice Locations
- Provider Reconsideration Guide - Use this form to help you when filing for a reconsideration.
- Provider Validation: MD Checkup User Guide - Use the Provider Validation feature to verify and update your practice and physician demographic information electronically. The information you provide is used to maintain our online provider directories as well as our systems to ensure accurate claims processing.
- Preventive Care Guide - This guide provides an outline of the services the Affordable Care Act approves as preventive for non-grandfathered plans.
- Quick Reference Guide - Use this guide to identify the most efficient method to obtain benefit information and get preauthorization for certain services.
- What You Need to Know About Claim Attachments - This guide provides you with an overview of the Claim Attachment feature in My Insurance ManagerSM. Use Claim Attachments to attach records or documents to claims that require additional documentation.
- What You Need to Know About Skilled Nursing Facilities - This booklet gives an overview of procedures, authorization requirements and claims filing guidelines for skilled nursing facilities (SNFs).
BlueChoice® HealthPlan is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.