Want more from your Medicare coverage? You’re not alone. Many people find that the basic coverage isn’t enough. We offer solutions that can help.
What is Medicare?
Original Medicare is a government insurance program. It’s for people ages 65 and older, younger people with certain disabilities and anyone with end-stage renal disease. There are two parts:
- Part A is for hospital services. It covers hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care and some home health care.
- Part B is basic medical insurance. It covers health services from your doctor, outpatient medical care, medical supplies and preventive care.
However, there are some gaps. Original Medicare doesn’t cover the cost of medications, and members pay a significant share of costs when they receive care. That’s where Medicare Supplement, Medicare Prescription Drug Plans (PDP) and Medicare Advantage (MA) plans can help.
These plans help pay costs not covered by Parts A and B, such as your copays, deductible and coinsurance. These sometimes are called Medigap plans.See Our Plans
MA plans offer a more comprehensive alternative to Original Medicare. They include the same benefits, plus additional benefits Original Medicare doesn't cover and prescription drug coverage.Learn About MA
These plans help you save money on prescriptions. You can purchase a PDP when you have a Medicare Supplement, but you don't need it when you have an MA plan.More About PDP
Why buy a Medicare plan from BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina?
Not all health plans are alike. There’s value in Blue Medicare Solutions plans. Our plans come with a variety of benefits, programs and extras — all from a name that’s earned the trust of South Carolinians for more than 75 years. We offer:
- FitOn Health fitness membership program.
- Dental coverage, included with some plans and available as an option on others.
- Easy access to care.
- Coverage when traveling out of state and out of the country.
- Options for low-cost and $0 dollar premium affordable plans.
- Vision and hearing services and discounts included with some plans.
- And more!
We’re here to help
Reach out to us any time you have questions about your Medicare coverage options. The best time is before your initial enrollment, so you can be informed when you first sign up for Medicare.
Call us at
Search for an agent in your area who can assist you.Search Now
Get help in person at a South Carolina BLUESM retail center.Go Now
Calling this number will direct you to a licensed sales agent. BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina is a Medicare Advantage PPO and HMO plan with a Medicare contract. Enrollment depends on contract renewal.
Your health plan complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability or sex.
BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina is an independent licensee of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association.