Healthier people, lower health care costs
Health plans aren’t one-size-fits-all. When you’re choosing which types of benefits to offer a large group of employees, you have a lot of options.
Health plans for 51+ employees
Our portfolio of large group health plans includes flexible plan designs and value-driven features that can help make the most of your health care spending. Plans may include:
- Varying copayment, coinsurance and deductible amounts
- In- and out-of-network benefits
- Tax-advantaged heath spending accounts, such as health savings accounts (HSAs), health reimbursement arrangements (HRAs) or flexible spending accounts (FSAs) – These encourage thoughtful decisions about how members spend for health services.
- Member-centered health management programs – When members are engaged, these programs help encourage healthy lifestyle choices and support those living with chronic conditions.
- Utilization management to help control costs, by ensuring that covered services are medically advisable and appropriate
Innovative BlueCross care models create incentives for providers to deliver people-focused, cost-effective care. Some examples:
- Bundled payment strategies aim to curb health care costs while maintaining the quality of services.
- Patient-centered medical homes (PCMHs) keep members connected to their caregivers – and make sure multiple caregivers are communicating with each other.
- Accountable care organizations (ACOs) link provider reimbursements with specific quality goals.
BlueCross has more PCMHs and ACOs than any other insurer in the country.
What Blue® Means for Your Employees
With BlueCross coverage, your employees receive:
- Access to the largest network of health care providers and facilities in the state. That means costs savings, with more claims paid in network.
- My Health Toolkit® – Our self-service member website and mobile app offers easy access to benefits and claims information, digital ID cards and more.
- Health and wellness discounts from major brands through Blue365®.