Business BlueEssentialsSM Plans
With Business BlueEssentials, small businesses get big options. Plans are available in three metallic levels: Gold, Silver and Bronze. Each plan includes the required minimum essential health benefits, but with varying cost share structures. Copays, coinsurance and deductibles vary, depending on the plan.
There are 43 distinct health plans to choose from, so you can find one that fits the needs of your small business.
Essential health benefits
All Business BlueEssentials plans include coverage for:
- Ambulatory patient services
- Emergency services
- Maternity and newborn care
- Mental health and substance dependency services
- Prescription drugs
- Rehabilitative and habilitative services and devices
- Routine wellness and preventive services
Sustained Health Benefit
Business BlueEssentials plans include a Sustained Health Benefit of $500 to use toward preventive services the plan doesn’t cover. We provide this benefit to members to help them pay for common procedures such as:
- Electrocardiograms (EKGs)
- Chest x-rays
- Blood work (except lipid screenings)
What Blue® means for your employees
With BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina coverage, your employees get:
- Access to the largest network of health care providers and facilities in the state. That means costs savings, with more claims paid in network.
- My Health Toolkit® – Our self-service member website and mobile app offers easy access to benefits and claims information, digital ID cards and more.
- Health and wellness discounts from major brands through Blue365®.
Individual Coverage Health Reimbursement Arrangement (ICHRAs)
If you would prefer to reimburse your employees for coverage they enroll in on their own, we can help with that, too. We now offer ICHRAs, which are accounts employers can fund with tax-free contributions that can be used to reimburse employees for individual or family plan premiums.