1095-B Tax Form Information
What is a 1095-B Tax Form?
1095-B is a form the IRS requires us to provide to you. It shows the health insurance coverage you had last year — in 2021 — that meets the Affordable Care Act standard for coverage. You can use the information on this to fill out your federal income tax return.
I have not received my 1095-B Form from you for the 2021 coverage year. When will you mail it?
We did not mail these forms, but we did upload them to our members’ secure My Health Toolkit® accounts. Please log in to your account to view and download your 2021 form.
I don’t have an account on My Health Toolkit. Will you send me my form instead?
Hard copy requests can be accommodated by calling the number on the back of your ID card. However, for faster access to your form, as well as a lot more information about your benefits, you should consider creating a My Health Toolkit account. It’s secure, quick and convenient.
My form is not correct. Can someone fix it?
Please call the number on the back of your card and speak to a customer service representative. From there, someone will research the issue, and if an error has been made, we will send you a revised form with the correct information.
I got multiple 1095-B forms. Why? What's the difference?
If you had coverage through more than one insurance plan or policy during 2021, you will receive a 1095 form for each plan or policy for the time period that you had coverage. There are three versions of Form 1095: 1095-A, 1095-B and 1095-C.
- You receive 1095-B forms from any insurance company that you had coverage with, unless your coverage was through a self-funded employer.
- If you had coverage through a self-funded employer, you will get a 1095-B or 1095-C from that employer (1095-B for self-funded small groups or 1095-C for self-funded large groups).
- If you had coverage through a fully insured large group employer, you will also get a 1095-C from that employer, in addition to the 1095-B that you get from us (or any other insurer).
- If you had coverage that you bought directly from the Health Insurance Marketplace, you will get Form 1095-A.
- Be sure to save all the 1095 forms you get. You may need the info on them to complete your federal income tax return this year.
The information on the form you sent me doesn’t match the info on the form I got from my employer, and it’s for the same coverage. Can you fix them?
Please call the number on the back of your ID card and speak with a customer service representative. From there, someone will research your issue, and if it is determined that we made an error on the 1095-B form that we provided, we will issue a revised form with the correct information. If we determine that your form is correct, we will let you know. You should contact your employer to have them verify the information on the form they provided.
I have already filed my tax return for 2021 — before you provided the 1095-B form to me. What should I do?
If you relied on other information about your insurance coverage to file your tax return, be sure to keep this information with your tax records. If you are concerned that you filed your return with incorrect information, please consult your tax adviser.
What is the tax penalty for not having coverage in 2021?
The individual mandate tax penalties were set to zero after December 31, 2018. So, individuals are no longer responsible for this payment or tax penalty. However, you may need the information on the 1095-B form we provide to complete your 2021 income tax return.
When will the 1095-B forms be available?
You can log into your My Health Toolkit account now to download your form.